Yeah... No

Today was a very good Monday. I had two meetings that spanned the entire length of my morning and that was good as my work is slowly being cut out for me. During my second meeting of the day, I had asked my manager and CEO if it was OK for me to extend my stay in Adelaide. Oh! I forgot to mention. I was supposed to be going to Adelaide from 27 to 28 April for a meeting but I had asked for permission for me to extend my stay in Adelaide till 2 May as it was a public holiday. (This is not the part where the "Yeah...No" from the title comes in). In fact both my bosses kindly agreed to let me stay on and even began pointing out things I could do there. I was really happy and started jumping around the room screaming in excitement. Yeah...No. I kept my happiness in a clandestine fashion while sitting and smiling away like a 13-year old schoolgirl who had just laid eyes on her first crush.

Moving on, I went back to my table with the meeting now finished and shortly after, the trio of ladies who had been in the meeting with me emerged from the meeting room. Mary (Vice-President) then came to my room to discuss some software stuff when she realised that I had replaced my office chair (the one with wheels) with a standard non-rolling chair. Her query as to why drew my response about my back and suddenly it seemed to become a matter of national security. Mary told Anne (CEO) who came in to take a look and appeared sympathetic at my rigid seat. I politely told them that I had no issues with the current seat and did not need one with wheels. That was when they both looked at each other and almost unanimously remarked, "Yeeeeaaaaah...No!" That meant that I had to get a new chair.

Shortly after lunch, Anne came by my table again and informed me that we were going chair shopping. She then drove me to Jape Office Furnishings and patiently waited while I rested my ass on various seats that provided various levels of ergonomic comfort. The price range of most chairs began at 300 odd dollars and it made me feel uncomfortable. The most expensive chair that I have ever sat on was $150 which... Oh I'm sitting on it right now!

So anyway, in about 20 minutes we were on our way back to the office with a chair shoved into the boot of a Nissan X-Trail. Wow... I never expected all this attention but I must say I am really grateful to my bosses for showing so much care and concern and going out of their way to make me realise that I am important to the organisation just like any other. 

Tomorrow, Sang and I have an inspection at the apartment we are renting. Hopefully, it goes smoothly. We have tidied up the place to some extent so let's hope that all is well and good. So long...

Comments

Popular Posts