The Ceremonial Weekly Update - This one will be super exciting... I Promise!

So another week has rolled by and unlike previous weekly updates where I bombard my dear readers with a dozen places that we had meals at, this update is going to be really special. For that reason, I am going to zoom in on two key events that have taken place this week which are totally new experiences to Sang and me. 

Let's start with Wednesday. So there I was, sitting at my workstation trying to book my accommodation for Adelaide. I had to submit the booking to Sissy (finance person) so that I could claim back one night's accommodation cost. Anyway, as I was staring at a few tabs of Agoda Hotels, in walks Chrissie with a solemn look on her face. She asks me, "Is your car parked outside the grocery store?" I thought this was going to end up in a request for me to shift my car elsewhere. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Chrissie then said, "I think someone might have smashed your window. Come with me." The moment she said that, I knew it. I had left my camera bag at the rear passenger seat and I knew that it was gone.

No surprises there as we walked out to inspect the car. Window smashed to smithreens and a empty rear passenger seat. My heart sank. My mind went racing in a bid to recall the contents of the camera bag. Needless to say my dearest Nikon D610, Tokina 17 - 35mm lens, tripod head, camera tools and cleaning kit were all in it. Trying to be the ever positive person, I told myself that it could have been much worse. Following that, the usual police and insurance company calls began. I would the window replaced for free. Oh well, at least that was a saving grace.

So yeah, my first lesson learnt. We need to watch ourselves. I took it for granted that such a thing would not happen in the middle of the day outside a grocery store and I was proven wrong. The past few days I have been quite sad. I miss my DSLR of 4 years. I had learnt most of my photography with it. I had even planned to have a place on my shelf once I had it retired. Ill probably pop by Cash Converters over the next few days in hope that I might find it sitting on a shelf there beaming at me. We will see where that goes...

Now for more postive news, the weekend was a hectic one. Sang and I helped Pearl, Sid and Channy (their daughter) at their booth/stall during the Territory Taste Festival. It was quite an experience I must say. Sang helped them on both days while I only managed today (Sunday) due to work commitments on Saturday. 

We just got back about 20 min ago and as tiring as it was, it was something neither Sang nor I would have envisioned ourselves doing in Singapore. From shuttling to and from the shop where Sid was preparing batch after batch of food, to doing heavy duty lifting as and when needed, it was a real team effort and the response was crazy. Needless to say, Pearl and Sid have already form an integral part of the culinary experience through their Asian Pot stall and this booth served to demonstrate just how well received they were.  Once the crowd had subsided towards the end of the event, we took turns walking about to explore the other stalls around and did some food sampling as well. It was nice to see partner stalls (and us) exchanging food for the workers to munch on. 

So yeah that was it! Two very memorable events. One positive and one... Bah forget it already Navin!
Okies, we are off to Pearl and Sid's place for a celebratory dinner. I'm guessing its gonna be the leftover food from the event! Hahaha. But hey... its good food.




Comments

  1. I'll never forget that camera too man. It's twin was mine, no wonder I felt uncomfortable using it last week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts