Health Insurance, Internet, Inflatable Mattress aaaaand my Skype Interview

Bloody hell (imagine it in a Scottish accent and it would sound way cooler)! Sang and I just plonked 4000 gold coins (both of us together) on our health insurance. Well, gold as in dollar coins. Why so expensive you may ask? Well, we are not PRs yet and as such we aren't covered by the national health care system. To put it in simple terms, imagine you do not have Medisave. So our private health insurance has to come in for basic public health cover as well as private health. Hence, the exorbitant amount. But hey, we rather spend $4000 than risk having to cough up blood. I mean, let's say you walk in to the hospital with an ACL(Anterior Cruciate Ligament) injury. This is fairly common and may cost up to $10,000 on hospital fees just to repair a dodgy knee. If you aren't on health insurance, I can swear upon my hairy ass that you would cough up blood. And even if you don't cough up blood, at least my ass would be free of hair. Sorry, I seem to be losing my chain of thought here. So yeah, in its entirety, we paid a hefty amount for our health insurance. 

 © Andrew Mathew

Moving on, we just got out internet up and running on Tuesday. If I haven't already mentioned this earlier, the technician came to set the connection up while the modem was posted to us. This was an ADSL connection. Remember the days in Singapore where we had to configure our router by keying in some weird 192.193.000. blah blah blah? Yeah, this is that. AND IT IS SLOW! No I'm not complaining. I'm merely stating a fact albeit rather loudly (you know cos of the caps and all). Well, the connectivity takes a bit of getting used to. Fortunately, there is light at the end of the tunnel. No shit! See the embedded photo? There indeed is light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, this tunnel was in Orchard Road and the one who found the light was my friend Andrew who at this point has neither the faintest idea of what I am talking about or that I have stolen his photo off Facebook and placed it here AND actually has nothing to do with my internet experience in Darwin. If you are confused, good on you.

Our once inflated deflated mattress
Remember that in an earlier post I had spoken (yeah yeah... 'typed' if that makes you smart asses happy) about the inflatable mattress that Manoaj had left behind. Well... some of the stitches tore up and it kinda became a prism shape. The centre ballooned up while the sides sloped down. Guess the mattress was  hanging on only for Manoaj. So we have deflated the once inflated mattress and bought a cheap 300 dollar mattress to use for the time being. Once our expensive Serta mattress gets shipped in, we will use this cheapo 300+ mattress for our guests who come here... MUAHAHA (Think Austin Powers Dr. Evil. Add in the pinky/mouth thingy while at that).

Now lastly, my Skype interview. Yeah it was ok. We will see how that goes. Thank you. Bye. 

Comments

  1. Hmmm I wonder what made the stitchings undone. Tch Tch Tch....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts