More on my Interview and other Updates

Last night I got a shelling from Sangeetha for leaving my millions of readers and fans hanging with regards to my Skype interview. Wounded and visibly shaken, I spent the night pondering over my actions and must admit that I have not been fair to the world before me. I shall make it up to all you faithful followers of my blog by including a screenshot of my reply. I guess from the reply, you would be able to tell how the interview went. 

Let's see how that goes, if I do get the job... 
Yeah right, dream on people! I wouldn't event get 10% off a Dyson.

In other news, we had been down to a mattress shop called Bedpost. Boy oh boy did we have first class customer service. We were approached by a gentleman (whose name would eventually turn out to be Steve Davey). He started on explaining about different mattress systems and how they affect our sleep. We had heard this before though when we were buying our first mattress in Singapore. At this point, I must say that a good mattress is vital to a good night's rest. Back to Bedpost and Steve, I eventually told him that we had a fantastic mattress making its way up to us in about 10 days and we only needed one for temporary use after which it would be relegated to the guest room. And since we didn't care about the sleep of our guests (remember Dr. Evil), we were looking for a basic (by that I mean cheapo) mattress. Before you guys start flaming me and changing your eagerly pre-booked flights to Darwin, please remember that this mattress would only find itself in use for about 20 to 30 days in a year. There is no way Sang and I will fish out a thousand dollars to leave a bed unused for 11 months in a year. Sorry fellow visiting folks. Hope you understand.

Back to Steve, he was just amazing in his service. When he learnt that we were new to Darwin and were still unfamiliar with pretty much everything, he stopped talking about mattresses and gave us some pretty good information and advise with regards to living in Darwin. He spoke to us for about an hour. Subsequently, he event delivered the mattress to us personally when he learnt about our deflated mattress. This has to be the best customer service we had every experienced ever. Good on you Steve.

Before I end this post, I just want to share some information that my friend Yudeessh gave me ahead of my move. Getting a Woolworths (or Woolies as its known here) rewards card and a Flybuys rewards card. Its basically the equivalent of the NTUC Link card. The Flybuys card even saves you 4c/litre on petrol. Thats about $2 everytime you pump. So if you are preparing for a move, be sure to apply for these two.






Comments

Popular Posts