The Week in Summary

The week that just passed has been a rather eventful one I might say. And I mean that in a positive way. It has been ridden with activities and good news!

On Monday, Sang and I attended a tennis class at Gardens Tennis, Sky City. It as her first time having a go at tennis and although she was a little overwhelmed at the beginning, she eventually found a feet and thanks to the coach paying more attention to her, she got comfortable eventually. Looks like we will be continuing these classes for the next couple of months.

Tuesday zipped by rather quickly. I had wanted to attend another session of tennis but rain hampered my plans. I then thought I would go to the gym as alternative but before I knew it, I was lying in bed thanks to some dark magic that was cast on me by an evil unknown source of energy.

On Wednesday, I went for a game of social badminton with Gerard while Sang attended her usual fitness bootcamp session. The badminton was indeed social but there were some players who were really good and I realised how long it has been since I last played badminton. I think it was in Opera Estate Pri Sch that I last played with my colleagues. That had been almost a year ago.

Thursday was a special day. Firstly, after dropping Sangeetha at work, I decided that I had too much blood and wanted to donate some to the world of insects. Therefore, I went to Howard Springs and sat motionless (almost) for about 3 hours. I think I lost 2.5 pints of blood. Luckily for me, while I was donating blood, I was rewarded. Nope, not the usual Milo and biscuit... It was a Rainbow Pitta! Although I didn't eat, I shot it mercilessly 18 times. Out of the 18 times, one of my shots landed squarely on the Pitta and this was the result. 

Now, Pitta aside, there was an even bigger reward awaiting me. Upon seeing how I had cared so kindly for the creatures of the bug-eyed world, God decided to land me a job. Either that, or He must have been bored to immortality from watching me laze my ass around for the past few days. Anyway, I got a call from the CEO of Healthy Living NT (a company I had applied to) to offer me the position I was vying for! Excitement followed thereafter but as I was in the middle of a forest, I had to refrain myself from squealing in delight.

On Friday, I went down to Health Living NT to sign the agreements and collect my welcome package (which was actually a stack of more documents). I also got my uniform/attire and was told to report to work at 8.00am on Monday. Guess that spells the end of my extra long break. I have been away from work for about three months!

Anyway I must really thank everyone around me who spurred me on whenever I felt a little worried about being jobless. Thanks to Gerard who mentioned this position to me during my first meeting with him. I am also deeply grateful to my ex-principal Mr. Yap who has been giving me advise continuously and was also very kind to agree to be my character referee. It has been a considerable risk for Sang and me to leave our comfortable jobs to make this move and now that we are both gainfully employed, the risk we took seems to have paid off (in the short term at least).

Moving on, I went rock climbing yesterday with my, now-colleague, Gerard and another friend Wayne. The last time I climbed was when I actually did my Level One sport climber cert when I was 22 years old. The session reminded me how fun rock climbing was and I am looking to make it a weekly/fortnightly affair. That only means... time to buy a harness! 
In the evening, Sang and I headed to Pearl and Sid's place for a farewell dinner to bid Ser Loy goodbye. He had completed his Masters and has now returned home to Singapore. The dinner was a good ol' Aussie styled BBQ and we had drinks and basked in merriment late to the night. I also got to try chewing betel nut and leaf!
So anyway that has been my review for the week that has gone by. I am off for football in ten min so I have to go now. Tomorrow will be my first day of work and I will do a post on that. See ya!





Comments

  1. Excited for your new job bro!! Come on, show them what active means!!!✌ ~ Daryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts