Review of My First Week at Work

Wow! The week has gone by really quickly. I am typing this post at an unearthly house. Its 2.21am here and I have to be up in 4.5 hours. Thankfully, United is winning City at half time due to a Rashford goal. Hopefully they pull through with the win.

So let me quickly update you on how my first week at work has been. So far it has been good. I have learnt the names of more colleagues and am getting accustomed to the routine at work. My working hours are from 8.00am to 4.30pm with an hour's lunch in between. The staff of Healthy Living NT usually have their lunch together at the huge dining table in the pantry. It is nice that the staff come together for their meals. 

I guess one difficulty for me would be to get used to desk-work for long hours. When I was teaching, time spent at the table was always broken up due to lessons, attending to first aid, running to various parts of the school etc. In HLNT, the office much smaller and most of my work (for now at least) involves computer work. I can understand this as it is a new position and I have quite a bit of planning to do. Not that I am complaining or anything; just saying that I have to get accustomed to it.

The evenings have been good. Sangeetha and I are usually either doing some exercise or meeting up with friends for dinner. We are slowly learning nice places with good food. The coming two weeks will be short weeks thanks to Good Friday and Easter Sunday. That would see us through the end of March. Time has really flown by quite quickly since we got here. I am just thankful that Sang and I have landed ourselves in jobs fairly quickly.

Today we had a very relaxing day. After going to Shoal Bay to dump more cardboard, we headed to Pearl and Sid's place where we spent 3 hours chatting away. In the evening, I made my way to Nightcliff to take some sunset photos. Jules then came over to our place for dinner and we had a nice time chatting over dinner, grapes and ice cream.

So that is about it. Second half of the match has started. So byeeeee.



Comments

  1. Bro try Hanuman restaurant if you haven't been there already. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro try Hanuman restaurant if you haven't been there already. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts