Darwin is Boring

That's what we heard about Darwin before we came here. Most people said Darwin was boring, a ghost town blah blah blah. If my recent rate of blog posts is anything to go by, you can tell how 'boring' Darwin is.

I barely have time to sit in front of my computer these days. Soccer (or football), badminton, rock climbing, mountain biking and a tonne of photography opportunities has seen my blog activity dwindle to almost 1 post a month.

Not to mention that the dry season is in pretty much full swing. This means 16 to 20 degree nights, cool and dry afternoons, cracked lips and loads of festivals and events. Whoever said Darwin is boring must be out of their minds.

Two weeks ago, NT celebrated Territory Day on 1st of July. It was plain madness. NT is the only state that still legalises the sale of fireworks to the public for this special day. The atmosphere was stunning yet dangerous. There were fireworks flying in every direction and although we watched most of these in awe, there were times where we froze when rogue fireworks flew in our direction. Even after the main show was over, there were fireworks being shot off balconies beside diners. It was pretty mad/fantastic especially because we didn't get injured.

The days in between have been really packed.I have been up to much the past week as I injured my ankle during soccer. So it has pretty much been rest and relax as well as take more photos.

On Friday, I attended the launch of AIPP in the NT. There, I met famous Darwin photographers like Susan Fong, Paul Arnold, Mel Silva and many more. It was wonderful to be part of this community of like-minded people who all shared a passion in photography.

Today, I spent the morning taking photos of a mountain bike competition at Charles Darwin National Park. It was really cool and I managed to get some really nice shots which I had envisioned.

Lastly, remember the plants I bought when I first came to Darwin? Check out the photo of how they look now. Much thanks to Sid who cared for them while we were in Singapore.  Anyway, on to another busy week. Hopefully, my ankle heals soon and I can get back to more sports and games. Happy Sunday everyone!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts